Thursday, November 03, 2011

Why I don't play cash tables.....

I took Wednesday off after Tuesday night's big win, had a relaxing day and then went the pub to get drunk, it was just me and four girls, and that's quite a scary time! They kept squeezing eachothers boobs and trying to draw on me! mentalists! haha, And we only came 3rd in the quiz. Had a great laugh though.

Got home and slept from 1am til 2:30pm Thursday afternoon, musta been knackered but felt much better for the sleep.

Pokerstars has had a promotion on this week in the build up to their 70 billionth hand, every 1 million hands the players in that were awarded big bonuses and it was a huge bonus if you were dealt into the 70bth hand.

I started off by playing 20 tables of limit poker but after 30 minutes I was down $200 so I thought, hmm, lets try something else.

I got a friend to work out when he thought the 70 bth hand would go (you got more money for how many hands you'd played previously at the tables so you needed to play for about an hour before it went to maximise reward) and he said about 3:30 so I had a set of my 50 50 games.

Did brilliantly on them and made $775 on the 30 games, dunno if I ran well or not cos haven't checked hands yet but probably to do that well.

So then I decided to go for this prize and loaded up 24 $0.25/$0.50 no limit tables with $50 on every table. I wanted to play more tables but 24 is the most that poker stars allowed me.

It was all pretty frantic, didn't see any of the action, I know I ran KK into AA twice. Needless to say I didn't get dealt into any bonus hands. The big one was won by two german guys at a heads up table. They were folding instantly to eachother to try and maximise the chances of getting that hand. Obviously it worked, but I seriously think Pokerstars are gonna withhold the money as they were clearly cheating. we'll wait and see.

I lost another $100 on all those no limit tables chasing this dumb bonus. I'm clearly not very good at cash tables, and feel like I wasted an evening as the jackpot hand didn't go til 5am!!.

I'm off to bed now, Saturday is a vip special game with free entry and $1,000,000 in the prizepool, with $100k for the winner. I fancy my chances in this and am staying in on bonfire night to try and win it, but I hate fireworks anyway.

Hope you're all well :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home