Wednesday, October 26, 2011

London Baby!!

Hello to all 3 of you who read this.

So sorry I haven't updated in a few days but I couldn't be arsed.

This post will have elements of my life, elements of poker and elements of sports betting so please feel free to skip the bits you're not interested in. If you're not interested in any of those three things then what the fuck are you doing on my blog?!

Firsty life......

Went to London on Sunday with my dad to watch the American football, the Bears were playing in London so we were very very excited. Got to see Robbie and Aimie for lunch too which was good, and little woody (their son). So we went off to the game and it was awesome being there, I tried to video my fave player scoring a touchdown but he didn't have a very good game sadly.

After the game we had food then went back to the hotel, all I can say is never ever ever share a hotel room with my dad, he farts all night long and it sounds like he's shitting himself and then he snores all night long too. I feel very sorry for his wife.

Monday came back on the train first class but was sooooooooo bored all the way home, I hate train journeys on my own (dad stayed in London for work) Did finish some crosswords though so felt clever.

Footie on Monday night was bad, we lost 8-2 but it was our best performance of the season and some really good link up play so there are positives to take! Went straight to the quiz, this week I made sure I took a pair of shoes this week but managed to forget my jeans so had to go home and change anyway. We came 4th, should have won but the music round was totally shit.

Yesterday did Farmers quiz, came 2nd but had a fun argument, it's amazing how much Yasmin Le Bon looked like Colleen McGloughlin, I told Jen it was Yasmin but she didn't believe me, eventually she trusted me and we were right!

Going the railway again tonight to get pished! yay! can't wait, btw, anyone gonna admit to the previous comment about the railway?!

Ok, poker.....

Obviously barely played last week cos been ill which is a major setback and something I will need to consider before SNE attack next year, started playing solidly again when I got back on Monday and I have to say I've been playing really well, I've made about $1000 from my usual 50 50 games in 2 days and also done well in some multis.

Anyone following me on twitter would know I came 3rd of 450 yesterday, really disappointed not to win it as the other two players were pretty shit but I lost two 50 50s 3 handed and had I won either I win the tourney. Was a nice $700 pick up though so I can't complain too much.

I think I've found the way forward, I'm gonna stack 12 of my usual 50 50 games and play them slightly less aggressively, I'll still keep getting paid out on hands but I won't stack off with 73o anymore. Alongside this I'll have about 5-15 multis in a separate stack, including the 45 and 180 man sng tourneys, The only problem with this is when I go deep in a big tourney I tend to stop wanting to play the 50 50s but I like to concentrate then.

Means I'll be making less fpps for now and less in bonuses but hopefully should be making more profit.

And sports betting ......

Been spread betting lately, it's pretty exciting but can be highly dangerous, I lost quite a bit on Liverpool being shit on Saturday, I should know better than to bet on that pile of shite. Sunday though, was incredible!

I bought goals across the premiership games and there were 18 of them in 5 games which was excellent, I also bought goal minutes in the Manchester derby, 3 last minute goals were all worth £45 eachgs in that game, it was great. Then had some good NFL bets and then backed Oaklands performance for £2.50 a point at 59. Means for every pt it comes in over 59 I make £2.50 and for every point under 59 I lose £2.50. They lost the game 28-0 and threw 6 interceptions so it came in at -60!!! So i lost about £300 on that game and thought right bollocks to spread betting. Then decided to buy loads of stuff relating to New Orlenas saints in the 1am game. They won 62-7 and won me a shed load of cash which I duly withdrew except for some which I duly spunked on Baltimore being utterly garbage!!

So that's everything over the past few days, in summary, I've had fun, poker has gone quite well and I've made some money betting on american football.

In fact, that should have been the whole blog. oh well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to make an amendment. In actual fact, I was 100% certain it was NOT Colleen McLoughlin, and I thought it was Yasmin Le Bon, but my mum was the only one in the team of five people who had faith in me to put the correct answer of Yasmin Le Bon. Shame on you for taking the credit for my cleverness, Jon.

8:43 AM

 
Anonymous six of clubs said...

The only thing I would say about your sports betting is, make sure you record your results as carefully as you do your poker p+l.

I think you will find it will help, and you might be surprised to find how big a leak it actually is.

10:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home