Sunday, October 30, 2011

Biggest ever online win!

Wow, what a week I've had,

It's just been absolutely incredible, you all saw Wednesday night's result. On Thursday night I won two more multis, a $16.50 150 runner game and then a 67 runner $22 game, both for around $500 but the best was yet to come.

Saturday afternoon I was playing some 50-50s when a friend pointed out there was a massive tournament running, still in late reg so I thought I'd play it, over 5,000 players in it $27 bounty tournament so for everyone you knock out the game you get an extra $5.

Seeing as I was playing this I decided I'd play a whole host of other tournaments too.

I doubled early in the game and then had AQ on an A Q 9 flop, The guy bet, I raised, he went all in and I called, he had 99 but I hit an Ace on turn to take the pot and be off to a fantastic start if maybe slightly lucky.

I kept on slowly but surely not really noticing many hands as playing so many other games but saw many other games fall by the wayside. I noticed I was on around 30,000 chips so things must have been going well and soon I was up to 90,000 which had me in the top 20 of about 500 left from 5,157 players which was pretty incredible but still a massively long way to go.

I then took quite a big hit and was down to 40,000 but took some blinds pre, then raised with AT, 3 callers, flop was T high so I bet out, two of them called, turn was an Ace so I bet again but they all fold but it got me back to around the 90,000 mark. All other tournaments were now pretty much dead so I decided it made sense to just focus on this one.

I kept raising, and taking the pots pre flop. I don't really remember too many hands from there but I was up to over 300k, I can't remember getting lucky at this point at all, one hand I remembered was raising from SB with 96o, flop was 9 6 4 and my opponent went all in with 34o which helped.

Next hand I remember was being in the SB and the cut off made it 15k to play, he seemed to like raising from there so I pumped it up to 40k expecting him to fold, I had A8s. flop was J 9 2 with no spades and I bet out 42k, fortunately he folded in a flash and was cruising.

I then raised from UTG with JTs and same guy made a tiny re raise which kept me in the hand, flop was T 8 4, he bet straight out from SB so I shoved, he had KK but the river was a Jack and my 2nd bit of luck took me over 500k. He was fairly short so wouldn't have killed me to lose but would have hurt.

I kept taking pots down and also reshoved people pre a bit. one hand I had AA and raised, and got re raised, I just went all in though and the guy folded which was disappointing,

Another hand I recall was having K9 and raising. I was re raised but that wasn't uncommon, flop was 9 4 5 and the guy bet out, I shoved all in and again he folded and I'm sitting pretty. I then had my first hit in a while, raised with 88, smallish stack went all in so I had to call, he had 99 and held but it only put me just under 1,000,000 so was fine.

I then raised with JJ and the BB who I'd outplayed a few times went all in with 77, I called and held and was sitting on 1.4m with 18 players left.

Things got a bit trickier from here, I had a very aggressive german player two to my right raising every pot, he folded one hand and I raised with KQ, again the SB re raised me, they seemed to love doing that, flop was K 5 4 with two hearts, he bet out so I shoved and he folded and I think I was touching 2,000,000 at this point.

I then lost a few pots, there was a Bulgarian who liked to re raise me and the aggressive German took quite a bit off me in a few pots and was down to around 1.5m with about 12 left.

Then I had AA again and made the same raise I always made, the very aggressive Bulgarian raised me to about 300k. I thought about what to do and just went all in. I couldn't believe it when he instacalled with AJo and I held and was now chip leader on 3.2m.

I tried to take more chips pre but often found myself re raised and was craving the final table, we were on the bubble for a while, on the other table a 3 way all in resulted in both shorties surviving although one was very small then on our table the aggressive Bulgarian went all in for 1.4m from SB. the BB called with KK and the Bulgarian won with A4o to burst the bubble and put us on the final table.

The short guy went out soon after and we were down to 8. Nothing much happened for a while here, everyone's raises were getting through, it seemed noone wanted to go out in 8th and there was very little action.

Then an Irish guy went all in for about 1,200,000 chips. I had AK and called from the SB, he had AQ but the queen hit on the turn leaving me under 2m chips and pretty upset, the next hand he raised and I shoved all in with AQ and he folded.

From here on I stayed pretty much out the way, had no hands but would pick up blinds now and then. Two people then went out fairly quickly. I tried to open up a deal discussion with 6 players left but two of the players weren't interested at all so we played on. Again I just stayed out t he way, didn't have many hands but took the blinds as and when and then raised 89s from SB, BB called, flop was T 9 6 and knowing how he played I check raised him all in and he folded.

We then lost the German who was adamant he wouldn't deal and the short stacked british guy went out and the four of us left agreed to discuss a deal.

I only had 2m at this stage and they all had a lot more than me. The prizes as they stood were
1st $16,500
2nd $12,500
3rd $8,500
4th $5,800

When the numbers were discussed I was offered $8,400. I was exhausted, we'd been playing for 11 hours and chanced are I was gonna come 3rd or 4th so I took the deal, although I asked the other 3 to all throw in $200 to give me $9,000 but they declined. cheeky gits.

We played on for the remaining bounties and the leaderboard points. Had I won I'd have been 5th on the entire site in tournaments this week, but I ended up 3rd losing K9 v Q6o and am 42nd in the TLB but you need to win it anyway to get anything so unless I hammer it today (which I won't) I won't get any bonus there.

I feel I played the best I've ever played in this tourney, I know I got lucky twice but they were pretty standard hands and that AK v AQ probably cost me about $2,500 in that deal so I can't complain too much.

Now I have to debate whether to stick with the 50 50s or play more tournaments, the FPPS and VPPS from tourneys is pretty negligible so would have to rely solely on profit but as seen I can get these massive spikes which would be the same as a full month of grinding the 50 50s. Gonna try and mix them up I guess.

Hope you all read all the way, my life has been dull this week so not done anything of note. I think I've earned today off, what do you think?

Oh I got 12 bounties so got an extra $60 woo.

2 Comments:

Blogger South Coast Poker said...

Bet you don't have a day off today :)

3:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wp

9:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home