Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Oops, not updated in a week!

So I haven't updated my blog in nearly a week, 'why not?' I hear you ask, and 'What's been happening with Jon's poker?'

Ok I doubt anyone cares but I'll tell you all anyway.

I actually had a bad weekend for poker, did pretty much nothing this weekend, in fact the only time I left the house was to go pick up the chinese food on Friday night. That's mildly depressing so this weekend I will endeavour to do more exciting activities.

So poker was bad, I played mostly tournaments all weekend but just couldn't get a big win at all, closest I got was 9th in an $11 game, final table was infuriating, I was rivered twice and then watched two other short stacks river 2 outers and finished up 9th for $200ish when winner got $2,500. annoying.

That's the problem with weekend poker, there are too many idiot players so you can either win a lot or lose a lot, this weekend I was about $1,200 down. Ouch, but I've had worse

Sunday night I tried playing a batch of $30 hyper turbo 6 seater games, ran horrendously, somehow only cashed 5 of the 30 I played and lost $500 so I think we'll steer clear of them, I'm also playing some steps tournaments which will hopefully win me a trip to a live event somewhere and a chance at a massive score.

Monday night was my footie night and I managed to remember all my clothes for going the pub with, all my football kit, my wallet, keys AND Mobile phone, but managed to give everyone the wrong time for the game, Damion realised about 20 minutes before kick off and we made desperate attempts got there on time but lost 3-2. It was really disappointing as we were winning 2-1 and I was clean through but the keeper made a great save and we went on to lose 3-2 oh well, best we've done all season.

When I got back from the quiz I watched the NFL, Bears beat the Eagles! woo. Am thinking of going to the play offs if the Bears make it and play in New York but won't know about that for a few weeks yet.

Played a load of tournies and for first time in a few days I started doing well in games again. Had a few small results, 7th out of 939 in $11 game for $250 but should have been way more, 7 of us left and I had about 450k in chips, chip leader on 1m chips and everyone else around 100-300k. He was playing very aggressively I raised with AQ, he re raised, I shoved all in, he called JJ and hit another Jack to end my chances, very silly.

came 5th in an omaha tourney, don't really know how or what happened but picked up $150 for that.

And then, the exciting one. a $55 cubed, meaning $55 to play, you can buy 3000 more chips at any time in first hour for $50 and add on another 3000 chips after that hour for a further $50.

I decided to rebuy very early to give me a chance of a big stack and that chance came with KQ on a Q 8 7 flop, guy bet out, I shoved and he called AA, river Q and I'm on 12k.

After that I ran quite well, all my hands held up and when we got to the end of the 1st hour I was 2nd in chips on 37k. I took the add on anyway because they could be invaluable later. Tried to nick some more chips as and when I got myself up to 100k (not sure how) and then started raising a lot, raised with 99 and someone shoved on me, as I was playing aggro I had to call, he had 55 and I held to be massive chip leader on 160k. This lasted one hand, the next hand I lost QQ v KJ and the one after AQ v AK v AK v K5 to go down to 50k, soon got into the money and then had some hands hold and was back in with a good chance.

To be honest I don't recall many hands til we were down to the last 4 but I definitely took someone out cos I was chip leader. I tried to broker a deal but one guy refused, I was offered $2,400 in the deal which was same as 2nd place price money so I wanted to deal but never mind. a few hands after I raised with 88 the BB bully jammed, I called, he had JTo and I held putting me a big chip leader and him almost gone, he went a few hands later and then I held 66 v AQ against the other short stack leaving us heads up.

I had about 500k, he had about 300k, first hand he raised, I shoved A5 and he called 66 and held. two hands later I raised 88, he shoved K9o I flopped flush draw but he rivered K to win. Annoyingly he was the guy who wouldn't deal but I still ended up with $2,400 for 2nd so I was happy enough I guess but should have won.

So downswing is over, back on track and I need to get out more at the weekend. And I need to get back a sensible sleep pattern.

Once again the last line of my blog could have saved you reading the rest! oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home