Sunday, November 13, 2011

One step at a time ....

Sorry I've not updated in a while, but to be honest, I'm a lazy git.

Haven't played all weekend except in a team game which I'll get to later but here's the reason why and also a valuable poker lesson for all you aspiring Jazzy wannabees.

Had a bad couple of days on Wednesday and Thursday, just seemed to be losing all the key pots at vital times in tournaments and was down about $800, was playing a $109 tournament on Friday morning. I'd got up to 5000 chips early by making some calls with A9 on A Q 6 flop, opponent bet heavy every street and shoved river but I'd committed myself by then, he had 22 and I was away.

Got up to 16k with set vs top pair but then lost a flip and was so card dead and every raise seemed to get jammed and we got close to the bubble (27 players left) and I was pretty short, it was $166 for coming 27th and only about $260 for 12th which is when the money went up sharpish so I realised the best option was to just get myself in the money and take it from there.

I squeaked into the money on 3,000 chips with the blinds 750/1500 and was pleased to have cashed, I then had AQ and held vs A5 to get to 10k and then had stole the blinds with QTo, got a walk in BB and then had KK when I had 14k and held three way and suddenly I was in with a chance.

Went totally card dead again and my next idea was squeak onto the final table and take it from there. So that's what I did, got down to the final 9 but was in last place but on the final table of a $109 game the prizes jump up pretty steeply so every place was worth a decent amount to me. I didn't play any hands but noone was going out. I got JJ and had to go all in, AJ called me and I held knocking him out and moving up to 50k which was still pretty short.

I kept folding trying to pick up a few more spots which worked as we were down to 6 people, I stole the blinds a couple of times when I had the chance. We were down to 5 and it was time to come alive as I had guaranteed myself $1000 and I wanted to win.

I shoved from the Button with T8s for my last 35,000 chips and for some reason the BB called with 34s, I flopped a Ten but he flopped a flush draw, I managed to hold and looked like I had a chance, three hands later I had AA in the BB, the button shoved with KTo K flopped but I held and I was chip leader and then we lost another player leaving it 4 handed.

I played quite badly for a while, every raise got shoved and I wasn't 3 betting enough, then I got ATs, utg raised so I shoved and he had KK, but I flopped an ace and held and we were 3 handed, me on 207k, other british guy on 200k and someone else around 90k.

I raised from the SB with AQ knowing the BB would probably shove, he did so with A5, I flopped my queen and suddenly I'm on 400k with the others on 90k and 7k.

Now next hand was pretty hilarious, I stuck my 400k in with A5, the short stack called from the SB with AJ and the other guy called his 90k with KK.

The river was an ace keeping the shortie in on about 20k and knocking the KK guy out in 3rd, he was fuming as I went to 480k. It was over the next hand and I'd picked up $3,612!

great result so I took the weekend off to go on boyfriend duties. Went to Wales with Jen to see her grandad but I went for a 3 hour sleep in the afternoon cos was so tired but at least I was there!

Did nothing Saturday night, Sunday Jen made a roast which was really nice.

Quiz report from last week ............

Monday 5th at the railway
Tuesday WON THE FARMERS - Quite convincingly too.
Wednesday WON THE RAILWAY, Karen's team got 2nd by copying our answers but she nicked my winners drinks vouchers.
Thursday 3rd at the anchor. Had a few beers, everyone thought it was so unusual! I need to drink more I guess.

Sunday night played a team game helping out someone I've just met, I was their ringer. Was chip leader throughout but then lost KK v A5 with 4 left which meant the team only came 2nd. oh well.

I think I'm the only person in the world who looks forward to Mondays, weekends are pretty dull these days but on a Monday I get football and quiz.

Started buying christmas presents yesterday! It's so nice to not be worrying about money for presents for once, just hope I don't go too over the top, my dad's present cost £50 just for the postage! grr.

I'll finish the blog now, if anyone has anything they'd like to see in here then just let me know!

Have a good week everyone

6 Comments:

Blogger Whispers2Myself said...

First time reader. I'd like to hear some hand analysis Jon; this is something that I don't do enough of myself and I need to start stepping my game up another level. I'm listening to some DC videso right now from daaaaaang16, which are helping a little. I'll send a link to my blog in return.

2:03 AM

 
Blogger Jazzy Jon said...

Mark, happy to help any way I can with your game. I'm not much of a coach but I'm more than happy to look at any hand histories etc.

2:42 AM

 
Blogger Jazzy Jon said...

Hey anonymous, I don't feel that I got owned by phase, he ran good, I still made profit. Dunno if you've noticed whoever you are but I'm up around $20k in the past 2-3 weeks which is far more than phase made and I am putting in about 3-4 hours a day, not 16. I know which I'd prefer to be. Next time sunshine, put your real name up, I don't like anonymous cowards xxxx

3:58 AM

 
Blogger Richard Taylor said...

Yo jon just to be clear phase made more than 20k lol

4:21 AM

 
Blogger Being Healthy said...

I would like to see more about Quizzes because I didn't understand the rest...

5:17 AM

 
Blogger Jazzy Jon said...

fair enough being healthy, my next post will be purely quiz related just for you :)

6:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home