Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February so far

Wow, didn't realise we'd been two weeks without an update! Many apologies.

So what has February held so far for me?

Everything started off pretty well, then on Thursday 2nd the site had a server restart. The games which I play were all taken off the site due to a 'programming error' This cost me an entire days worth of play! The software issues continued on Friday morning which meant I lost all of Friday too as I was going up to Lancaster Friday lunch time. I'd planned to play before I went but didn't get the chance. Plus I had to stop off at the magic shop which I financed to have a look round. I even got a little magic trick which I've been dazzling everyone with for 2 weeks now and noone can work out how it's done ;)

Lancaster with my friends was awesome, had a great time catching up, went back to the sugarhouse (student nightclub) The venue itself has barely changed however the music has gone quite downhill, their retro music was 90s stuff rather than 80's but it was mostly current chart and when the biggest cheer of the night was for One Direction we decided it was time to leave.

So didn't play all day Saturday either (Except for a $33 turbo multi whilst drunk back at my hotel) and Sunday I had stuff to do so didn't get to start playing til very late Sunday night.

Got back into it on Monday and everything went great, was about $3k up by Tuesday evening and then DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

It was one of those runs where nothing could go right at all and I lost $3k by Thursday. But in that time I unlocked some bonuses so I got to make an $11,500 withdrawal from the site which cushioned the bad run.

Thursday the site did an update and table ninja wasn't completely compatible with it so I played multis all night, did terribly and lost another $2k. The bad run in the normal games continued the next couple of days as well and things were looking bleak.

Then I tried some more multis on Saturday night to try and get back on track somehow, all was going badly then I got a 3rd in a $109 multi for $2600 and 4 other final tables.

Then I had a few good sessions on the normal games to get a total of about $6000 of the $10,000 downswing back.

I'm now around $3k down at the tables for the year. It's not ideal, but it's not too horrendous either, tomorrow I should unlock another $2600 bonus and then another $4k one on Friday.

After that I've got a ten day spell where I won't get any bonuses so will be working pretty hard to get there as soon as possible.

I've set my monthly VPP targets up til June so that hopefully I can have a couple of weeks off, nice holiday somewhere so here they are.....

End of February 300,000 vpps
End of March 500k
End of April 680k
End of May 860k
and then mid june hit the 1m vpps for my supernova elite, and a $20k bonus.

It's gonna be a massive push til the end of March, gonna have to do 6-8 hours every day between now and then but it's worth it, I'll get around $32,000 in bonuses between now and then.

Nothing else worth mentioning has happened in the past fortnight really. Poker is hard work, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone else really unless you can cope with the swings. I'm still finding the downturns very hard to cope with, only so many times in a session you can watch KK lose to ace rag.

Good luck to anyone playing. I'm pretty confident I'll finish February in profit, I came back from a lot further down in January and the horrid downswing has passed so let's see what happens.

I'll try and update sooner next time!

Jon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home