Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Dropping the $200 games

So I had another bad downswing after getting myself back on track.

Couple of days where I just seemed to lose every pot in $200s and $100s no matter what I did. So I made a decision to drop the $200 games for a bit the reasons are thus.

I play too tight in the $200 games due to the higher buy ins.
When playing the $200s I tend to look at the stake of each game when it pops up rather than just playing the hand and opponent the same on every table.
Losing a bad pot in a $200 would send me on tilt.
Because I don't tend to play at 'peak' times I never really have more than 2 $200s running at any one time so I've dropped the 4 $200s for 2x100 and 2x60. It should work out at pretty similar in vpps and bonuses so I think it's worthwhile.

I've done four sessions since dropping the 200s and I've made profit on all of them, nothing major but a total of around $1,200. Gotta expect the swings will be way smaller without the $200 games so hopefully should be a nice steady increase in profit.

I've earned my first bonus of the year, the $4,000 one. However I've decided not to cash it in just yet. There's a meeting on the Isle Of Man next week with some high profile players and pokerstars management and there's an outside chance that the points could go up in value so I'm gonna wait and see what happens.

Outside of poker I've not done too much, been out every night since Sunday though, Jen and I won the quiz at the blue anchor just the two of us but that's a quiz for thickies. Came 2nd at the Monday night quiz losing by 4 points, also came 2nd at football and lost by more than we lost at the quiz! :S Joint 1st on the Tuesday quiz, would have won it but I got talked out of two correct answers but we'd won the last 3 on our own so probably best that it was shared this week.

Tonight went out in Hoylake with some friends. The highlight of the night being haribo sweets being dropped in everyone's drinks! hmm Played the crystal maze game on the quiz machine, got 7/8 crystals so went for the £10 prize where you need to get 60 or more gold tokens after deductions. I got all the gold tokens that were on the screen and there were just 60 of them!! cheating machine cos I got 24 silver too :(

Probs gonna try and get some sleep soon and get back on the poker tomorrow. I also think that several short sessions a day will work out better than 2 long ones but just might mean less points.

Good luck everyone, hope you're all well :) xxx

Jon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home