Friday, January 06, 2012

Worst session ever ......

I should have known really, the year had started so well, I hadn't been updating because I'm trying to get used to all the games I'm playing.

Tuesday I managed to get 375 games in and had that incredible session where I made over $2,500.

Wednesday I played 464 games and ended up around $450 down but at one stage I was around $2,000 down so that was quite a good result.

Thursday was superb, I played 401 games and made just over $2,000.

Friday's afternoon session was 200 games and I made around $700

And sadly that's the end of the good news. I have a few people who watch me playing because when I'm playing I have no time to see any action on the all ins, I press all in and then bing my next table pops up, I don't even see my opponents cards so they tell me on MSN what's happened. Tonight it was just ridiculous. Every single all in I lost , every flip, I lost. I must have bubbled so many games and every time I thought I'd steadied it things would get worse again.

I was actually playing well and felt like carrying on but after 300 games I'd had enough so turned off Table Ninja and finished up, at the end of the session I was down $3400 taking the yearly profit down from just under $5,000 to $1,400.

Now, this is not as bad as it seems, we ran the numbers and I ran ridiculously badly, something I always say is poker is not about getting lucky, it's about not getting unlucky and tonight I got constantly unlucky. But I'm still up and on course with the 1% ROI goals for the year which I set myself, however before tonight I was on course for nearly 5% ROI which was my high aspiration goal.

The good news is that I can comfortably play for 4-5 hours with all these tables going and still play my best poker, I don't even feel slightly tired right now and could have kept playing had I not gotten so annoyed. my VPPs are pretty high, I'm already at 100,000 FPPs for 2012 which can be exchanged for $1,500 at any point but I'll hang on for the 250k FPPs which I can swap for $4,000, should get there by around the 15th Jan, maybe sooner.

Ok stats for the year.

Games played - 1,857
Total Profit - $1,455
VPPs earned - 28,197
FPPs earned - 99,442
VPP value - Approx. $350
FPP value - Approx. $1600

So I can't really complain that after 5 days of poker I've made more than a month at Barclays when smashing all sales targets.

Social life this week has been a bit quiet, Not really been out to do anything since Tuesday, Thursday evening I would have gone the pub but was asleep on the couch around 7-11! oops.

I do have to ensure I keep up a solid social life or I'll go stir crazy. I'm trying to keep all evenings free to do stuff so if anyone is bored any night just let me know and I'll always be happy to get out the flat.

Hope everyone is well

Jon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home