Monday, November 14, 2011

Football and quiz - NO POKER!!

Someone requested more quiz updates as they didn't understand the poker stuff. I dunno who they are but I thought I'd oblige.

Played five a side tonight against probably the best team in the league, We actually did ok, we took a 1-0 lead when Ste's shot hit the keeper, the post, the keeper and bounced in somehow. Then Aaron thought it was a good idea to pass the ball across his own area straight to one of their players and it was 1-1. They scored again soon after and we were 2-1 down at half time.

Second half we started lively and were pushing forward, Tim played me down the left and I played it off the wall to him in front of goal but he kind of scuffed it, then I had the ball and could have played Tim in on the right or Ste to the left but went for goal and it was blocked.

Then we were attacking again, I had Ste to my right or Tim behind me to the left, I tried a backheel to Tim but totally fluffed it and they broke 3 on 1 and scored to make it 3-1.

I took myself off the pitch immediately cos was so annoyed with myself and it was soon 5-1.

I came back on and they scored again and we got one back late on thanks to a great finish from Tim so a 6-2 defeat but it wasn't too bad a performance and but for a few careless mistakes we could have gotten something from that one.

So straight to the quiz, via my flat because once again I'd forgotten my jeans and my shorts were a bit too short to wear at a quiz with so many middle aged women. And I've had my hair cut so I'd have been fighting them off with curly wurlys.

First round was general knowledge, we got 14/20 on this plus our bonus so scored 5. A few I was very happy with were Sid Snot was a creation of which comic? And how many cards in a Tarot pack? I won't put the answers up cos people might wanna guess them.

Ridiculous question of the night, What is a Falasha? Apparently it's an Ethiopian Jew!! I mean who the fuck would know that?!

Really can't remember any others from that round, 2nd round was entertainment, we got about 15/20 on this one, I was pleased with was 'What was Sharron Davies' name in Gladiators' That was our bonus so worth an extra 5. A few silly ones, like who played Alice in the 1972 film Alices adventures in Wonderland? Fiona Fullerton is the answer if anyone is interested. Also there was 'Which sitcom did Richard Wilson play a dr?' We put Happy when I laugh which was the theme music, it was actually called Only when I laugh, but he gave us the point.

Pictures and anagrams..... We got both anagrams but missed a lot of blonde women. The anagrams were 1980's adventure drama films.

1. AAAINNRRTUWY
2. CDEEEEHIRSTV

Good luck with those.

Music round we got 18/20 Thanks to things like Jason Donovan's sealed with a kiss and something by Christopher Cross. Aaron came through with several good answers like Lynn Anderson's rose garden and Tavares for something.

2nd, best we've done in a while.

Tomorrow is Farmers quiz so will update how that one goes.

I'm watching NFL tonight yay! come on Vikings, beat the Spackers for my bears!

11 Comments:

Blogger Being Healthy said...

I don't understand the football but the quiz stuff was very good. You must be very clever to answer all those difficult questions! Did u take curly wurlys to the pub for ur friends?

4:32 PM

 
Blogger Jazzy Jon said...

Yes, I took 5 curly wurlys to the pub. I gave 2 out and ate one myself. The other two came home with me. Would you mind revealing your identity seeing as I did a blog post just for you.....

4:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fascinating stuff!

Please make sure to update us how the quiz at Farmer's goes tomorrow. Live updates would be good if possible, but if not, a painstakingly brutally thorough breakdown afterwards would be ideal, but please don't post the answers, as we love being annoyed.

Also, any healthy bowel movements today? Would be good to know about this just so we have a more thorough picture of your day....

3:03 AM

 
Blogger Jazzy Jon said...

Can't do a live update I'm afraid as people will think I'm cheating but just for you anonymous I'll put all the questions on here afterwards.

Only just got up so no bowel movements as of yet, maybe if you didn't post anonymously I could let you know exactly when I go and maybe send you some photographic evidence?

5:04 AM

 
Anonymous Jazzy Fan said...

Sorry for the anonymous bit. Tried to put my name up but seems it didn't work.

Can I meet you in person, and will you be able to sign some merchandise (or does your agent not let you in case it devalues it?) Please let me know, I'm your No.1 fan, btw, are you single? Love, George xxx

P.S. I'd love some pics of you (or your bowel movement) and a curly wurly. Ta x

5:23 AM

 
Blogger Jazzy Jon said...

Still no bowel movements yet today, I'll keep you posted.

Sadly I don't have time to meet you in person as running this hugely popular blog takes up 99% of my time, the rest is shared between poker, quizzes and football.

I'm not single, I go out with a leprechaun named Gerald.

8:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jazzy Jon = Jazzy Fan??

Having banter with yourself??? One easy way to try and look clever I guess.

2:12 AM

 
Blogger Jazzy Jon said...

It would also make me seem rather mental, I'm pretty sure it's one of my friends having a joke. I'd like to know more about you though Mr Anonymous.... Anything you'd like to share? Or do you just hate me cos I'm beautiful?

2:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't hate you Mr. Jazzy!! I love you very much you beautiful man xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Do you need my address for the curly wurly? I know you have no time for individual fan meets, but when is your next scheduled public appearance? xxx

4:55 AM

 
Blogger Jazzy Jon said...

Yeah, put your address on this blog and I'll make sure you receive it. Just ate one.

6:11 AM

 
Blogger Being Healthy said...

Sorry only just read ur comments - interesting stalker u have there! If you took 5 curly wurlys to the pub, gave 2 out and ate 1, what happened to the other 2!? And you didn't write this blog just for me, as I didn't understand all the football malarky so you must have written it for football fans too!

2:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home