Wednesday, November 30, 2011

2 weeks without an update! Sorry everyone

Well well well.

2 weeks since I updated and I've actually had a few people notice!! Maybe more than just my Dad are reading this blog.

So what's been going on? As you can probably guess not a great deal of poker, but why I hear you ask?! Well I've had a bit of a poker injury, a crick in the neck it's called, basically it causes some pretty severe pain in my shoulder whenever I turn my neck, it's made it a lot harder to play or do anything really but I shall press through and hope it gets better.

Lots of exciting life stuff has happened but I'll start with a few bits of poker news, if you're not interested in this bit then skip forward, I won't be offended.

I downloaded a piece of software called table ninja. Poker players will be very familiar with this, basically it allows me to play more table faster, it will also automatically register me for as many games as I want and when a game ends it'll register me for an identical game. I can definitely now play 40 games at a time, I think if I do this continuously I should average 100 games an hour, this means approximately 1,250 vpps an hour so 8 hours a day would be 10,000 vpps. To put this into real terms, every 100,000 vpps is worth approximately $8,500 to me (and that's just as Supernova, when I hit supernova Elite next year 100k vpps is worth approximately $11,000 to me)

So you can probably tell that I'm quite excited by this prospect, I'm gonna aim to hit SNE by my birthday in 2012, if you don't know when my birthday is you'd best find out cos I want a card and some scalextrix.

I've gotta push it in December because if I don't get 68,000 more vpps I will miss out on a $3k bonus, it's not a massive target, I just really need the discipline so hopefully will get cracking on that tomorrow.

If I thought it was worth my while I think I could hit Supernova Elite by the end of February. It's worth a total of $120,000 in bonuses but would require me to work about 12 hours a day every single day and I like to have a life outside of poker.

So, onto my life outside poker NON POKER FANS START READING AGAIN HERE. People who are only interested in poker can switch off now as I won't be mentioning it again.

Been doing lots of quizzes as usual, couple of wins last week, Tuesday and Wednesday quizzes. Thursday quiz is now moving to a Sunday which is probably better as only 5 of us turned up last week so we played individually but at least I beat Jen.

This weekend just gone we went up to York to meet up with a group of Jen's friends from when she was at uni, they were all really nice and we had a great time, it got to about 00:30 on the Saturday night and Jen was knackered and wanted to go back to the hotel and go to bed, I was so tempted to stay out and drink but I relented and went back to the hotel. I did learn a new drinking game from some new zealanders but you need at least 3 friends to play it so I might struggle.

This Monday night I finally acheived a life long dream, I saw Bryan Adams sing Summer of '69 live in concert. My friend Hayley had a spare ticket so I went with her, we were standing about 4 people back from the front, fantastic view and I loved it, I didn't know every song but any I didn't know were really enjoyable and when he played summer of '69 I was so happy! Had a really great night. Tuesday night my good friend Mel sorted out some amazing tickets for Jen and I to see Jason Manford at the O2 in London. It was absolutely fantastic, seats were great and Jason was just so funny, had us in stitches all night long, we went 1st class cos it was only about £15 each more which meant we got lots of free food and also sat in the 1st class lounge at Euston for 3 hours before we headed back this morning (This was because we stayed with my friends and they had to be up very early and our train wasn't til 11)

I used this time in the lounge to lose $120 at poker, well everyone else in there seemed to be working so I thought I would too. Lost every flip so wasn't too fussed and wasn't playing my usual games, just 18 man games.

Tonight just went to the quiz at the railway, had food too. Wouldn't let Karen and Ria cheat tonight and we ended up coming 4th oops.

In other news my friend Louise, who I know from uni, and I have decided to organise a bit of a reunion in Lancaster in February, haven't seen anyone from uni in nearly a year so would be great to catch up (I have two sets of uni friends and have seen the other set more recently and I love all of them just as much so if you're reading this don't get upset)

Not a lot else to add, gonna head to bed in a minute just watching the end of a college basketball game.

Again my apologies for not updating regularly but it's been difficult to sit at the computer lately but feels a lot better so all being well I should be updating regularly, also had some kayboard issues which seem resolved now as well.

Good night all, and good luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger Richard Taylor said...

Good read, very very ambitious targets there jazzy, I thought just SNE would be the target not by mid year or even talk of Feb! Have you played that sort of volume before at higher stakes like you'll need to?
I think you're underestimating A) How tough the games are
B) How hard it is mentally to play 8hours a day everyday

6:16 AM

 
Blogger Jazzy Jon said...

You know what Rich, you're right, I'm being very ambitious but I've done 8 hours a day before consistently although that was only 8 tables but it was at $200 and $100 levels only.

Gonna be a lot harder with 40 tables running and we'll see how I do but I know a lovely expression, Shoot for the moon, if you fall, you'll fall amongst the stars.

I also think the games will be easier next year, especially in the first few months as lots of people will be giving them a try for the first time in their own SNE quests.

8:27 AM

 
Blogger Richard Taylor said...

yeh agree with games being softer at start of year so if you can crank out massive volume jan/feb go for it.
Hm 8 tables to 40 is a monster jump!

5:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home