Saturday, January 21, 2012

Back in the right direction

Hello again everyone, thanks for reading.

Since dropping the $200 games everything seems to be going in the right direction, have made over $3,000 back since then and could have been a lot more but for some ridiculous beats.

I've really started to get to grips with my opponents more now, it's taken longer to learn their playing styles because I only see each table for a moment but I know which players I can exploit and how, and also which players might be targetting me and take action on that, one idiot Australian player is really feeling that!

I'm still marginally down for the year on the games as I've had some horrid runs, but it's only around $500 now and I've earned about $6,000 in bonuses already this year so everything is looking good.

I'm back in the top 5 of the leaderboard for the year in the $60s and $100 games, if the $200s hadn't been so bad I'd be top 5 of the overall leaderboard as well.

Now something weird that I've noticed I do, I associate the various stakes with colours, and when the table comes up I kind of see it with the specific colour border, $200s are light blue, $100s are black, $60s are red and $30s are green. Now this could be a mild form of synethesia where people associate everything with colours, or the other possibility is that I have some semblance of a photographic memory so I know what stakes the game is by the seatings of other players and when the table pops up my brain puts the border in so I know what stake it is. It's really weird but I think it's actually gonna help save me time by not checking the stakes when playing.

So at the moment I'm a bit behind schedule, I'm heading for around 1.6m vpps which is around $150,000 in bonuses so I'd be happy enough breaking even, but with a bit more effort I'll easily be on course for 2m vpps which is around $225k. so that's the plan!

It's amazing how tiring it is on my brain, but I should have expected this really. Gotta be careful to avoid burnout but I'm happy I can keep going at this pace, and even a bit accellerated.

Good luck everyone :)

Jon

1 Comments:

Blogger Richard Taylor said...

custom title bar is the nuts :)

5:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home