Tuesday, January 31, 2012

First month over!!

Well it's over, January has finally finished so I can put up some projections based on this month and some snippets of information. I think I know how to put a picture in this as well so I'll try and include my profit/loss graph for January.

Firstly for the non poker people - Went to strictly come dancing live shows tonight. I was taking Jen for her christmas present, I got her two tickets and said she could take anyone she wanted, ANYONE! She didn't get the hint so I went with. No Holly Valance, no Alesha Dixon, no Ola Jordan butttttt it was still really good fun and the seats were fantastic. I think Jen found it funny that being that close to Jason Donovan was the highlight for me but hey! Oh, and Chelsee Healey won, nope I'd not heard of her either.

So, anyway poker. Did a bit of research and in January whenever I've been dealt a pair of Kings I have won (at showdown) just 52% of the hands. This figure is expected to be around 75-80% and when I have kings I always get it all in so this is clearly where a lot of the run bad has come from. Nothing I can do about it just gotta play through.

January is over, I've played just under 10,000 games. I would have hit 10k had we not been going to strictly tonight but it doesn't really matter much, just gives me an easier target to beat for next month. I have finished the month in profit. This may not sound great but this month I was $4,000 down, then got back to even, then $4,000 down again then $3,000 ahead, then back down to $2,000 down so to finish at a massive $413 in profit feels like a win, and well it is. Especially given my luck this month.

Looking at how I've been playing I should expect to run around 1-2% ROI which for non poker people means for every $1000 I put in to poker I should return $1010-$1020. Doesn't sound a lot I know but I have put in over $500k this month alone so hopefully should be looking around $60-$120k profit at the games for the year. My spreadsheet is predicting $5k profit for 2012 but it basically works out my average profit per day then multiplies by 366 so doesn't account for any luck.

Now, what about my bonuses that I go on about so much. This month I have earned 140,000 vpps and just under 500,000 fpps. This puts me on course to hit supernova elite towards the end of July/start of August but I plan on doing it sooner than that so each month I have to do better than the previous one for vpps.

So what's that worth in money? Well..... 250k fpps is worth $4,000 so the fpps are worth $8,000. The first 100k vpps were worth $1,200 and the next 100k vpps will be worth $2,600 so 40% of 2600 is $1040 meaning my bonuses so far in January are....

$8,000 + $1,200 + $1,040 PLUS a $300 bonus stars gave to all players who hit 25k vpps in January so my monthly bonuses are $10,540, and that to my actual profit and for January I am up....................

$11,000!!

That's about what I'd take home from Barclays in 5 months of hitting targets! I should be ecstatic with this but I am well behind on all targets.

I should have hit 165k vpps and expected to make around $5-10k profit for the month but it's not been the best of months, I'll include the graph for you all to see how swingy these games can be! And sadly the luck has not been with me.

Now, touching on luck vs skill in poker. I have finally found an analogy I think people will be able to relate to who aren't keen poker players. Think of a game of scrabble. The best players will win at scrabble most of the time, but occasionally they are gonna get racks of QVXCBMU whilst their opponent is getting racks like AEINRST and there's nothing they can do about it. Poker can be similar, it's a game of skill with elements of luck involved.

Today I had my biggest finish in one game, I won a $100 game on nearly 12,000 chips which netted $360 profit. There's only 15,000 chips in the game!

Most games played in one day was 511. Most games played in one session was 339.
Least games played in one day was 88 when I lost $1,500 in those 88 games and got annoyed and stopped playing!

Right, I think I've got the graph in, it should be just above here, I stopped playing the $200 games after around 4,500 games so you can see how I've done since then.

Anyway, hope people have found this interesting. I still think I will finish the year on 2,000,000 vpps with an ROI around 1.5% and if I do that then I will make $227,000 just in bonuses (not included some big tournament entries they give me) and around $100k in profit so $327,000.

That's around £220,000. Wouldn't be a bad take home if I can hit that. I read today that someone earning £1m a year would take home around £450k after tax so that can be next years goal! haha.

Hope everyone is well, sorry it's such a long post but it's last of the month.

Oh, I've changed the comments a bit to stop people annoying me, No anonymous posts are allowed, If you wanna post a comment you can sign up really easily. If you don't wanna do that then just put it on my facebook. If you're not on my facebook, there's a reason for that!
Also I now have to approve all comments before they are posted to stop any trolls annoying me.

That's all, roll on February!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home